View Vacancy -- 2020-CA-01 - Finance Assistant
The Budget and Financial Assistant provides support to all financial transactions in relation to the implementation of CEPOL's budget.
He/she will be involved in the initiation and verification of financial files, planning, forecasting and reporting on expenditure; contributing to effective and efficient financial management under the supervision of the Budget Officer.
- Contribution to the preparation and follow of budget proposals and related budget documents; in particular for projects
- Prepare and regularly update the budget implementation plan, in particular for projects; budget forecast
- Prepare eventual financial instalment requests for projects
- Ensure, together with the operational management and relevant external stakeholders, the successful management of the financial aspects of activities or projects financed by CEPOL
- Controlling budget appropriations; monitoring of project planned and executed expenditure
- Operational and financial initiation and verification of transactions
- Prepare weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports on financial and budgetary management; in particular for projects
- Contribution to develop, maintain and implement, in cooperation with relevant stakeholders, the appropriate financial and budgetary procedures, circuits and workflows for CEPOL in accordance with applicable regulations and internal control procedures
- Contribution to develop and maintain user manuals and internal rules and provide support with regard to the budget and financial procedures
- Preparation of the requested documents and reports for the audit teams from the European Court of Auditors, Internal Audit Service, Internal Audit Panel or independent financial auditors, as relevant
- Act as back-up for budgetary control of procurement files
In addition, in order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a national of a Member State of the Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post; and
- Have a thorough knowledge (min. level C1) of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge (min. level B2) of another language of the Union.
Post-secondary education attested by a diploma
Secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropiate professional experience of three years.
In addition to the above at least 3 years of relevant and proven professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma (In total 6 years in case of a secondary education).
A contract offer will be made as a member of the Contract Agent staff of the agency in accordance with the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities for a period of maximum 5 years which may be renewed. The third contract will be for an indefinite period.
The successful candidate will be recruited as Finance Assistant – FG III.
The Reserve list once established may be used to fill in also project-funded positions. Contract offers for project funded positions would be for a period of project duration, which may be for a period of less than 5 years. There would be no expectations on the side of candidates that an employment contract may be extended beyond the duration of the project.
The basic monthly net pay for this post is EUR 1,827.68 (grade 8), EUR 2,067.08 (grade 9) or EUR 2,243.73 (grade 10). The correction coefficient (on the date of publication of this vacancy notice is 75.3% for Hungary and is already taken in consideration for these amounts.
The grade is determined on the basis of professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma of an education required for the position and in line with applicable implementing rules.
In addition, based on personal situation, the following allowances might be granted:
- Expatriation or foreign residence allowance: 16% or 4% of the basic pay.
- Annual travel allowance: staff who are entitled to the expatriation (16%) or foreign residence (4%) allowance are entitled to be paid each calendar year a sum representing the cost of travel from the place of employment to the place of origin for themselves and, if they are entitled to the household allowance, for their spouse and dependents (less than age of 2)
- Household allowance
- Allowance for a dependent child or person treated as such:
- Pre-school allowance:
- Education allowance:
- School fees: paid by CEPOL for dependent children who joined the staff member in changing the residence to fully respect the article 20 of the Staff Regulations. The school shall be considered as non-fee paying and the staff member concerned shall not receive the education allowance mentioned in the bullet point(s) above.
The costs covered by CEPOL shall be:
- The registration and attendance fees at international schools
- The transportation costs
- Excluding all other costs as described on the Commission decision C(2004)131-53-2004 on general implementing provisions for the grant of the education allowance.
In addition, CEPOL will provide benefits and entitlements in line with those of European Union Civil Servants. Such entitlements will be established based on the necessary documents provided by the newly recruited staff member upon taking up duty with CEPOL.
The successful candidate shall undergo a probation period of 9 months.
For reasons related to CEPOL’s operational requirements, the candidate may be required to be available at short notice.
The highest scoring candidates exceeding the threshold defined in advance by the Selection Committee shall be invited for interview. Maximum number of candidates to be invited for interview shall not exceed 15. Interview and written test will be held in person in Budapest, Hungary.
The information provided in applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Candidates who achieve 60% of the total scores available for interview will be included in a Reserve List. The reserve list will be valid until 31 December 2021 and may be extended by the decision of the Appointing Authority of CEPOL. (Please be aware that placement on a reserve list in no way guarantees future employment at CEPOL.)
Proven experience of at least 1 year in the field of financial administration;
Proven experience in performing financial transaction (please give examples on tasks performed);
Proven experience in analysing and evaluating financial data (please detail);
Proven experience in controlling and reporting (please detail);
Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel (please indicate your level from 1 to 5 where 5 is the highest);
Proven experience in working with financial systems, preferably ABAC;
Proven experience of at least 1 year in working in an international, multicultural environment;
Ability to write in a clear and concise manner;
This opportunity is closed to applications.