View Vacancy -- 2017-CA-12 - Human Resources Assistant
The Human Resources Assistant shall be part of CEPOL’s Corporate Services Department and shall take responsibility for providing a variety of administrative assistance related to the recruitment procedures, staff administration, and payroll and personnel record maintenance.
- Provide support for the recruitment process, including travel arrangements of candidates, general support for the Selection Panel and coordinate reimbursement of recruitment expenses of candidates;
- Collate and archive recruitment files;
- Provide first level relocation support of incoming staff, answering general questions and providing general support;
- Maintain personnel records in accordance with the Staff Regulations;
- Provide first level support to CEPOL staff regarding Staff Regulations and entitlements and administrative instructions;
- Accurately maintain staff leave record;
- Liaison with Pay Master Officers on staff related matters;
- Perform the assigned financial role in line with the Director's decision on the financial workflow and the Financial Regulation of CEPOL for the budget lines assigned
- Prepare and verify the monthly payroll as well as allowances of the Seconded National Experts;
Policy and procedures
- Assist in drafting of new HR policies, procedures, rules and guidelines including development of relevant forms;
- Assist in developing and maintaining an overall HR Section planning and schedule calendar;
- Prepare correspondence and forms concerning staff appointments and/or separations;
- Analyse incoming correspondence, initiate actions (draft memoranda, faxes or letters);
- Develop and maintain statistics related to any HR related topics;
- Monitor upcoming due dates and deadlines related to the recruitment process and the CEPOL personnel;
Perform any other job related tasks as assigned by the Management of CEPOL, Head of Corporate Services and Human Resources Officer.
In addition, in order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a national of a Member State of the Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post; and
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the Union.
Post-secondary education attested by a diploma
Secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropiate professional experience of three years.
In addition to the above at least 3 years of relevant and proven professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma (In total 6 years in case of a secondary education).
A contract offer will be made as a member of the Contract Agent staff of the agency in accordance with the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities for a period of minimum 24 months, which may be renewed. The third contract will be for an indefinite period. As the advertised position is project-funded, there shall be no expectation on the side of the candidate that an employment contract may be extended beyond the duration of the project. The successful candidate will be recruited as Human Resources Assistant – FG III.
The basic monthly net pay for this post is EUR 1,981.08 (grade 8), EUR 2,241.47 (grade 9) or EUR 2,536.08 (grade 10). The correction coefficient (on the date of publication of this vacancy notice is 74.5% for Hungary and is already taken in consideration for these amounts.
The grade is determined on the basis of professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma of an education required for the position and in line with applicable implementing rules.
In addition, based on personal situation, the following allowances might be granted:
- Expatriation or foreign residence allowance: 16% or 4% of the basic pay.
- Annual travel allowance: staff who are entitled to the expatriation (16%) or foreign residence (4%) allowance are entitled to be paid each calendar year a sum representing the cost of travel from the place of employment to the place of origin for themselves and, if they are entitled to the household allowance, for their spouse and dependents (less than age of 2)
- Household allowance
- Allowance for a dependent child or person treated as such:
- Pre-school allowance:
- Education allowance:
- School fees: paid by CEPOL for dependent children who joined the staff member in changing the residence to fully respect the article 20 of the Staff Regulations. The school shall be considered as non-fee paying and the staff member concerned shall not receive the education allowance mentioned in the bullet point(s) above.
The costs covered by CEPOL shall be:
- The registration and attendance fees at international schools
- The transportation costs
- Excluding all other costs as described on the Commission decision C(2004)131-53-2004 on general implementing provisions for the grant of the education allowance.
In addition, CEPOL will provide benefits and entitlements in line with those of European Union Civil Servants. Such entitlements will be established based on the necessary documents provided by the newly recruited staff member upon taking up duty with CEPOL.
The successful candidate shall undergo a probation period of 9 months.
For reasons related to CEPOL’s operational requirements, the candidate may be required to be available at short notice.
The highest scoring candidates exceeding the threshold defined in advance by the Selection Committee shall be invited for interview. Maximum number of candidates to be invited for interview shall not exceed 10. Interview will be held in person in Budapest, Hungary.
The information provided in applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Candidates who achieve 65% of the total scores available for interview will be included in a Reserve List. The reserve list will be valid until 31 December 2018 and may be extended by the decision of the Appointing Authority of CEPOL. (Please be aware that placement on a reserve list in no way garantees future employment at CEPOL.)
1. Proven experience of at least 3 years in managing recruitment procedures in the international organisations;
2. Proven Experience of the payroll processes as well as financial workflow;
3. Proven experience acting as operational initiator for financial procedures linked to HR activities;
Proven experience in using office applications for executing tasks related to procedures described in the essential criteria 1, 2, 3;
Proven experience in organizing in house staff trainings.
Proven professional experience within an EU Institution/Agency in the area of human resources;
Proven experience in identifying and analysing human resources matters and implementing solutions ;
Proven experience in multitasking and planning;
Customer service oriented attitude;
Ability to take initiative and work independently.
This opportunity is closed to applications.