View Vacancy -- 2019-CA-07 - E-Learning Officer
The E-Learning officer will contribute to the implementation, administration, the development and the graphic design of the CEPOL e-learning current services and new products. S/he will coordinate and align the design of learning activities (course images, webinars, online learning modules, and online platforms for communities of practice) and the CEPOL Learning Management System (LMS) on which all the CEPOL e-learning products are hosted to offer a coherent learning environment complementing e-learning and other CEPOL training activities.
The post holder will also support the promotion, development and implementation of online and blended training activities as well as the visual design of the training products according to the identified needs using application of modern technologies and modern tools. In particular s/he will be responsible for supporting the Communication Team in implementing the Communication Plan in relation to E-Learning activities.
- Assist to improve the approaches to e-learning products and services hosted on Learning Management System (LMS), such as webinars, online courses authoring tool/online modules, by developing e-learning visuals with an appropriate look-and-feel, following basic principles of visual instructional methodologies (images and infographics to charts, graphs, and other visual aids) that supports interactive and engaging learning programs to improve knowledge retention;
- Organise and moderate online activities as well as expert meetings and workshops supporting development of e-learning products;
- Support communication activities for the introduction and promotion of the new LMS as well as CEPOL’s e-learning activities, products and services to all stakeholders and target audiences through CEPOL’s network and social media;
- Identify new opportunities to exploit the latest visual and audio technological developments and integrating these in CEPOL e-Learning products and underlying services, including the introduction of standalone micro-learning resources;
- Contribute to the innovation of CEPOL’s e-learning by helping to introduce modern learning technologies in the development, design of training activities, using technology supported tools to facilitate knowledge transfer;
- Provide support to the design, development, and management of delivery and evaluation of eLearning activities;
- Manage relevant licences for e-learning services and support procurement and contract management for CEPOL learning services;
- The post requires a very good command of English, both written and oral, very good graphic skills, including the ability to edit and include audio-visual material, as well as knowledge of specialised IT software and IT awareness in the area of digital learning systems and e-learning solutions.
In addition, in order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a national of a Member State of the Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post; and
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the Union.
A contract offer will be made as a member of the Contract Agent staff of the agency in accordance with the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities for a five year period, which may be renewed for an additional 5 years. The third contract will be for an indefinite period. The successful candidate will be recruited as E-Learning Officer – FGIV.
The basic monthly net pay for this post is EUR 2,100.42 (grade 13), EUR 2,273.35 (grade 14) or EUR 2,839.92 (grade 16). The correction coefficient on the date of publication of this vacancy notice is 71,9% for Hungary and is already taken in consideration for these amounts.
The grade is determined on the basis of professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma of an education required for the position and in line with applicable implementing rules.
In addition, based on personal situation, the following allowances might be granted as per the Annex VII of the Staff regulations:
- Expatriation or foreign residence allowance: 16% or 4% of the basic pay.
- Annual travel allowance: staff who are entitled to the expatriation (16%) or foreign residence (4%) allowance are entitled to be paid each calendar year a sum representing the cost of travel from the place of employment to the place of origin for themselves and, if they are entitled to the household allowance, for their spouse and dependents (less than age of 2)
- Household allowance
- Allowance for a dependent child or person treated as such:
The costs covered by CEPOL shall be:
- The registration and attendance fees at international schools
- The transportation costs
- Excluding all other costs as described on the Commission decision C(2004)131-53-2004 on general implementing provisions for the grant of the education allowance.
In addition, CEPOL will provide benefits and entitlements in line with those of European Union Civil Servants. Such entitlements will be established based on the necessary documents provided by the newly recruited staff member upon taking up duty with CEPOL.
The successful candidate shall undergo a probation period of 9 months.
For reasons related to CEPOL’s operational requirements, the candidate may be required to be available at short notice.
The highest scoring candidates exceeding the threshold defined in advance by the Selection Committee shall be invited for interview. Maximum number of candidates to be invited for interview shall not exceed 10. Interview and written test will be held in person in Budapest.
The information provided in applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Only candidates who achieve 65% of the total scores available for written test and interview can be included in the Reserve List. The reserve list will be valid until 31 December 2020 and may be extended by the decision of the Appointing Authority of CEPOL. (Please be aware that placement on a reserve list in no way guarantees future employment at CEPOL.)
Proven experience in providing e-learning services and products or online content of at least 1 year. (Please give detailed examples: the length of experience, services and products you provided and specifically your experience in the e-learning area);
Hands-on knowledge of visual editing tools (Please describe and give examples of length and nature of your experience, specific tools and skills used and your general level of proficiency in using visual and graphic tools);
Excellent presentation skills and spoken English. (Please specify your level of English as well as specific experience and training for providing presentations and/or public speaking.);
Experience in or knowledge of using the Learning Management System(s) and modern tools for online content development. (Please describe and explain your role in the LMS and name any tools you used);
Experience in using modern audio-visual tools. (Please specify by giving details on tools used and length of your experience);
Experience in facilitating and moderating (international) events in English. (Please specify and give examples of your experience – was it singular or more extensive experience, give examples of audiences moderated and goals of the events);
This opportunity is closed to applications.