View Vacancy -- 2024-TA-01 - ICT Assistant
- Support the day-to-day operation, monitoring and maintenance of CEPOL’s ICT Systems and its components;
- Update hardware and software as required;
- Support the implementation of ICT policies relating to ICT management, administration and security;
- Act as single point of contact regarding all aspects of cybersecurity;
- Support the development and implementation of the CEPOL ICT Strategy;
- Deputise for the ICT Officer;
- Provide support and training to the CEPOL ICT users;
- Support the procurement of ICT equipment and services;
In addition, in order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a national of a Member State of the Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post; and
- Have a thorough knowledge (min. level C1) of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge (min. level B2) of another language of the Union. As the official language of the Agency is English one of the before mentioned languages has to be English.
At least a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma,
a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education, and appropriate professional experience of 3 years.
Six (6) years of professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma in case of post-secondary education
Six plus three (6+3) years of professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma in case of secondary education.
A contract offer will be made as a member of the Temporary Agent staff of the agency in accordance with the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities for a five years period, which may be renewed for additional 5 years. The third contract will be for an indefinite period. The successful candidate will be recruited as ICT Assistant - AST3.
The basic monthly net pay for this post is EUR 2,991.12 (Step 1) or EUR 3,106.00 (Step 2). The correction coefficient (on the date of publication of this vacancy notice) is 86,7% for Hungary and is already taken in consideration for these amounts.
The step is determined on the basis of professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma of an education required for the position and in line with applicable implementing rules.
In addition, based on personal situation, the following allowances might be granted:
- Expatriation or foreign residence allowance: 16% or 4% of the basic pay.
- Annual travel allowance: staff who are entitled to the expatriation (16%) or foreign residence (4%) allowance are entitled to be paid each calendar year a sum representing the cost of travel from the place of employment to the place of origin for themselves and, if they are entitled to the household allowance, for their spouse and dependents (over the age of 2)
- Household allowance
- Allowance for a dependent child or person treated as such:
- Pre-school allowance:
- Education allowance:
- School fees: paid by CEPOL for dependent children who joined the staff member in changing the residence to fully respect the article 20 of the Staff Regulations. The school shall be considered as non-fee paying and the staff member concerned shall not receive the education allowance mentioned in the bullet point(s) above.
The costs covered by CEPOL shall be:
- The registration and attendance fees at international schools
- The transportation costs
- Excluding all other costs as described on the Commission decision C(2004)131-53-2004 on general implementing provisions for the grant of the education allowance.
In addition, CEPOL will provide benefits and entitlements in line with those of European Union Civil Servants. Such entitlements will be established based on the necessary documents provided by the newly recruited staff member upon taking up duty with CEPOL.
The successful candidate shall undergo a probation period of 9 months.
For reasons related to CEPOL’s operational requirements, the candidate may be required to be available at short notice.
The highest scoring candidates exceeding the threshold defined in advance by the Selection Committee shall be invited for interview and written test. Maximum number of candidates to be invited for interview shall not exceed 6. Interview and written test will be arranged online.
The information provided in applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Privacy statements: Privacy statement for processing of personal data related to recruitment
Only candidates who achieve 65% of the total scores available for the interview and written test can be included in a Reserve List. The reserve list will be valid until 31 December 2025 and may be extended by the decision of the Appointing Authority of CEPOL. (Please be aware that placement on a reserve list in no way guarantees future employment at CEPOL.)
Minimum 4 years of recent experience in maintaining IT Systems, (HP servers, Cisco Network Equipment, CheckPoint Firewalls, VMware, Microsoft Servers); Please describe your experience with the systems mentioned and the time periods;
Minimum 3 years of experience in securing IT Systems; (Please describe your experience in threat detection, incident response, risk management and proactive approach to cybersecurity challenges);
Minimum 3 years of experience in managing lifecycle, especially procurement, of ICT equipment and services (please describe your tasks, role, etc.);
Minimum 3 years of experience in providing first and second level service desk support (Microsoft based environment);
Work experience in the EU institutions/agencies/bodies, experience in the field of ICT procurement;
Team coordination experience;