View Vacancy -- 2022-TA-05 - Head of Sector Directorate
- Coordinate activities of the Directorate, a sector that includes External Relations with the Liaison Office in Brussels, Governance, Communications, Quality Management, Internal Control, and management support including corporate activities and services under direct hierarchical responsibility of the Executive Director;
- Steer, manage and coordinate all activities of the Executive Director including representing the Executive Director in the meetings when requested and necessary, and ensuring a smooth, timely and clear communication flow between the Executive Director and Agency’s stakeholders, internal and external;
- Propose organisational steps necessary to ensure efficient performance of the Agency’s tasks and functions;
- Coordinate the preparation of documents, presentations and speaking notes for the Executive Director and take lead in drafting and editing messages and notes;
- Coordinate the elaboration of and contribute to the vision, content and planning of the strategy of the Agency including drafting, developing, and updating the Single programming document and all other Agency’s reports necessary for planning and reporting in close cooperation with relevant internal contact points in charge for the Agency’ s operations and administration;
- Assess, advise on and support the consolidated annual report on the Agency’s activities, including the accounts and a description of how the Agency has met its performance indicators; prepare the submission of both the annual report and the assessment to the relevant stakeholders;
- Advise and recommend Agency’s management concerning business planning;
- Supervise the work of Assistants in the Front Office;
In addition, in order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a national of a Member State of the Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post; and
- Have a thorough knowledge (min. level C1) of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge (min. level B2) of another language of the Union.
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
In the interest of the service, professional training of an equivalent level such as graduation from a police or law enforcement educational institution, and after having completed the training, at least the number of years of relevant professional experience indicated below:
Duration of professional training Professional experience
More than 6 months and up to 1 year 4 years
More than 1 year and up to 2 years 3 years
More than 2 years and up to 3 years 2 years
More than 3 years 1 year
A contract offer will be made as a member of the Temporary Agent staff of the agency in accordance with the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities for a five years priod, which may be renewed for additional 5 years. The third contract will be for an indefinite period. The successful candidate will be recruited as Head of Sector - AD6.
The basic monthly net pay for this post is EUR 3,429.34 (Step 1) or EUR 3,555.14 (Step 2). The correction coefficient (on the date of publication of this vacancy notice) is 75,7% for Hungary and is already taken in consideration for these amounts.
The step is determined on the basis of professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma of an education required for the position and in line with applicable implementing rules.
In addition, based on personal situation, the following allowances might be granted:
- Expatriation or foreign residence allowance: 16% or 4% of the basic pay.
- Annual travel allowance: staff who are entitled to the expatriation (16%) or foreign residence (4%) allowance are entitled to be paid each calendar year a sum representing the cost of travel from the place of employment to the place of origin for themselves and, if they are entitled to the household allowance, for their spouse and dependents (over the age of 2)
- Household allowance
- Allowance for a dependent child or person treated as such:
- Pre-school allowance:
- Education allowance:
- School fees: paid by CEPOL for dependent children who joined the staff member in changing the residence to fully respect the article 20 of the Staff Regulations. The school shall be considered as non-fee paying and the staff member concerned shall not receive the education allowance mentioned in the bullet point(s) above.
The costs covered by CEPOL shall be:
- The registration and attendance fees at international schools
- The transportation costs
- Excluding all other costs as described on the Commission decision C(2004)131-53-2004 on general implementing provisions for the grant of the education allowance.
In addition, CEPOL will provide benefits and entitlements in line with those of European Union Civil Servants. Such entitlements will be established based on the necessary documents provided by the newly recruited staff member upon taking up duty with CEPOL.
The successful candidate shall undergo a probation period of 9 months.
For reasons related to CEPOL’s operational requirements, the candidate may be required to be available at short notice.
The highest scoring candidates exceeding the threshold defined in advance by the Selection Committee shall be invited for interview and written test. Maximum number of candidates to be invited for interview shall not exceed 12. Interview and written test will be arranged online.
The information provided in applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Privacy statements: Privacy statement for processing of personal data related to recruitment
Only candidates who achieve 65% of the total scores available for the interview and written test can be included in a Reserve List. The reserve list will be valid until 31 December 2023 and may be extended by the decision of the Appointing Authority of CEPOL. (Please be aware that placement on a reserve list in no way guarantees future employment at CEPOL.)
Proven experience of the planning cycle and programming documents of an EU agency/institution;
Experience in strategy drafting, monitoring, setting targets, reporting against key performance indicators, translating the strategic goals into operational targets/activities and providing strategic advice;
Very good knowledge of English language (it will be tested through the recruitment procedure);
Experience in coordination of different teams’ portfolios in a multinational and multicultural environment, good communication skills (please describe the size and complexity of the teams and the duration of your experience(s));
Experience in preparing briefings and speeches for management; representing an organisation in an international fora; (please describe: number of briefings, speeches and type of representations done);
Practical knowledge on the functioning of the EU bodies, various EU funding mechanisms and projects, as well as internal and external EU policy;
Practical knowledge in provision/organisation of training and education;
Law Enforcement work experience for at least 2 years;
Experience in organisation and /or coordination of international events/visits/meetings;
This opportunity is closed to applications.