View Vacancy -- 2023-CA-01 - Policy Officer - External Relations
Under the supervision of the Executive Director and supported by the Head of Sector Directorate, the Policy Officer- External Relations will:
- Act as liaison point with the Member States, the European Institutions, and the relevant authorities in non-EU Countries;
- Draft and update Working Arrangements, as well as looking forward other relevant emerging opportunities according to the geopolitical situation;
- Identifying and advising CEPOL management as appropriate on political and legislation initiatives of the European Union, which are relevant to the mandate and work of the CEPOL;
- Contribute to the implementation of the CEPOL Strategy, in particular as regards engaging in the stakeholder mapping process , in close cooperation with all the responsible of the action in the strategy and reporting cycle of CEPOL;
- Coordination and cooperation with the Head of Sector Directorate and all CEPOL Units, CEPOL National Units, EU Agencies and Member States,
- Contribute to the drafting of analytical and periodical reports;
- Draft correspondence and briefs;
- Cooperate with other functions within the Agency (e.g. Governance, Operations Department, etc.) Coordination and cooperation with the Head of Sector Directorate and all CEPOL Units, CEPOL National Units, EU Agencies and Member States;
- Under the overall direction of the Executive Director, monitor, support the activities of the Brussels Liaison Office, in close cooperation with the head of directorate;
- Maintain an electronic archive of dossiers assigned to her/him;
- Advising on, organising and facilitating events for the stakeholders of CEPOL to promote its capacities and develop partnerships;
- Supporting missions of the ED;
- Manage specific projects and tools related to the external action of CEPOL;
- Support CEPOL in strengthening its ties with the other EU Agencies, in particular within the field of Justice and Home Affairs (also representing CEPOL within the JHA Agencies' Network);
- Other activities as requested by the Line Manager;
- Frequent short-term missions within the EU and beyond;
Act as liaison point with the Member States, the European Institutions, and the relevant authorities in non-EU Countries;
Draft and update Working Arrangements;
Contribute to the implementation of the CEPOL Strategy, in particular as regards engaging in the stakeholder mapping process;
Contribute to the drafting of analytical and periodical reports;
Draft correspondence and briefs;
Cooperate with other functions within the Agency (e.g. Governance, Operations Department, etc.);
Under the overall direction of the Executive Director, monitor the activities of the Brussels Liaison Office;
Maintain an electronic archive of dossiers assigned to her/him;
Manage specific projects and tools related to the external action of CEPOL;
Support CEPOL in strengthening its ties with the other EU Agencies, in particular within the field of Justice and Home Affairs (also representing CEPOL within the JHA Agencies' Network);
Other activities as requested by the Line Manager;
Frequent short-term missions within the EU and beyond;
The post requires a very good command of English, both written and oral, good organisational and presentation skills, as well as knowledge of EU internal security environment.
In addition, in order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a national of a Member State of the Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post; and
- Have a thorough knowledge (at least level C1) of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge (at least level B2) of another language of the Union. As the working language of the Agency is English, this has to be one of the before mentioned languages.
Completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
In the interest of the service, professional training of an equivalent level (such as graduating from a police or law enforcement education institution) and after having completed the training, at least the number of years of relevant professional experience indicated below:
|Duration of professional training||Professional experience|
|More than 6 months and up to 1 year||4 years|
|More than 1 year and up to 2 years||3 years|
|More than 2 years and up to 3 years||2 years|
|More than 3 years||1 year|
In addition to the above at least 5 years of relevant and proven professional experience as a law enforcement official (within the meaning of Article(2) paragraph (1) of the CEPOL Regulation) gained after obtaining the diploma or after completed the professional training with the experience linked to the training. The most recent proven experience of at least three years should be on a national or international level, with the focus on law enforcement related activities and tasks.
A contract offer will be made as a member of the Contract Agent staff of the agency in accordance with the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities for a period of maximum 5 years which may be renewed. The third contract will be for an indefinite period.
The successful candidate will be recruited as Policy Officer - External Relations – FG IV.
The basic monthly net pay for this post is EUR 2,277.22 (grade 13), EUR 2,462.20 (grade 14) or EUR 3,075.93 (grade 16). The correction coefficient (on the date of publication of this vacancy notice is 69,6% for Hungary and is already taken in consideration for these amounts.
The grade is determined on the basis of professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma of an education required for the position and in line with applicable implementing rules.
In addition, based on personal situation, the following allowances might be granted:
- Expatriation or foreign residence allowance: 16% or 4% of the basic pay.
- Annual travel allowance: staff who are entitled to the expatriation (16%) or foreign residence (4%) allowance are entitled to be paid each calendar year a sum representing the cost of travel from the place of employment to the place of origin for themselves and, if they are entitled to the household allowance, for their spouse and dependents (less than age of 2)
- Household allowance
- Allowance for a dependent child or person treated as such:
- Pre-school allowance:
- Education allowance:
- School fees: paid by CEPOL for dependent children who joined the staff member in changing the residence to fully respect the article 20 of the Staff Regulations. The school shall be considered as non-fee paying and the staff member concerned shall not receive the education allowance mentioned in the bullet point(s) above.
The costs covered by CEPOL shall be:
- The registration and attendance fees at international schools
- The transportation costs
- Excluding all other costs as described on the Commission decision C(2004)131-53-2004 on general implementing provisions for the grant of the education allowance.
In addition, CEPOL will provide benefits and entitlements in line with those of European Union Civil Servants. Such entitlements will be established based on the necessary documents provided by the newly recruited staff member upon taking up duty with CEPOL.
The successful candidate shall undergo a probation period of 9 months.
For reasons related to CEPOL’s operational requirements, the candidate may be required to be available at short notice.
The highest scoring candidates exceeding the threshold defined in advance by the Selection Committee shall be invited for an interview and written test. Maximum number of candidates to be invited for interview shall not exceed 12. Interview and written test will be arranged online.
The information provided in applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Privacy statement for processing of personal data related to recruitment
Privacy statement for the Invigilated Remote Testing
Only candidates who achieve 65% of the total scores available for written test and interview can be included in the Reserve List. The reserve list will be valid until 31 December 2024 and may be extended by the decision of the Appointing Authority of CEPOL. (Please be aware that placement on a reserve list in no way guarantees future employment at CEPOL.)
Operational Law Enforcement experience including experience in international/EU cooperation (Please describe the duration and tasks);
Experience in representation of an organisation or a country at an international level (liaising with networks, members of international expert groups, EU/UN missions, etc);
Experience in planning and organising international meetings and events with stakeholders. (Please list examples, duration, etc.)
Proven experience in drafting strategical and analytical reports and briefings for stakeholders and management (Please list examples);
Very good command of English, both written and oral, good organisational and presentation skills;
Experience in the field of Law Enforcement Training;
Experience in coordination of teams (Please describe duration, size of the team, etc.);
Experience in project management, monitoring and reporting (Please describe duration and your role in the project phases, etc.);
This opportunity is closed to applications.