View Vacancy -- 2020-CA-02 - Procurement Assistant - to establish a reserve list
- Provide assistance in the preparation and monitoring of the Agency's annual procurement plan;
- Assist in the preparation, launching and administration of procurement procedures, including, but not limited to, drafting contract notices, tender specifications and procurement documents, correspondence with tenderers and others, in compliance with the Financial Regulation;
- Provide administrative assistance for tender opening and evaluation sessions;
- Draft contracts, purchase orders and correspondence with tenderers and contractors;
- Provide assistance in the administration of calls for expression of interest by administrative preparation of the evaluation sessions, drafting correspondence with applicants and keeping shortlists updated;
- Provide assistance with the contract management, in particular by monitoring the contract ceilings and contract expiry/renewal dates; perform other contract monitoring tasks, as necessary;
- Draft periodical reports on the procurement function activities;
- Ensure proper management of procurement, contract and grant agreement files and archives, in accordance with the filing systems and filing plans in place;
- Assist in the revision of various process documents, such as procurement document templates, checklists and forms;
- Act as the operational initiator and/or verifier for the budgeting and administrative expenditure related budget lines;
- Assist in the updating of the register of CEPOL property in the ABAC Assets database;
- Act as the back-up for the Procurement Support Officer in case of his/her absence;
- Perform other tasks pertaining to CEPOL's procurement function as required.
In addition, in order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a national of a Member State of the Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post; and
- Have a thorough knowledge (min. level C1) of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge (min. level B2) of another language of the Union.
Post-secondary education attested by a diploma
Secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropiate professional experience of three years.
In addition to the above at least 3 years of relevant and proven professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma (In total 6 years in case of a secondary education).
CEPOL is planning to launch 4 capacity building actions for law enforcement officials in third countries in 2020 with a planned implemenation period of 3 to 4 years. For this reason CEPOL is establishing a reserve list to ensure availability of human resources in due time. A contract offer will be made as a member of the Contract Agent staff of the agency in accordance with the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities for the implementation period of the project. The contract may be extended. However, as positions would be project-funded, there shall be no expectation on the side of the candidate that an employment contract may be extended beyond the duration of the project.
The successful candidate will be recruited as Procurement Assistant – FG III.
The Reserve list once established may be used to fill in non project-funded positions as well.
The basic monthly net pay for this post is EUR 1,827.68 (grade 8), EUR 2,067.08 (grade 9) or EUR 2,243.73 (grade 10). The correction coefficient (on the date of publication of this vacancy notice is 75.3% for Hungary and is already taken in consideration for these amounts.
The grade is determined on the basis of professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma of an education required for the position and in line with applicable implementing rules.
In addition, based on personal situation, the following allowances might be granted:
- Expatriation or foreign residence allowance: 16% or 4% of the basic pay.
- Annual travel allowance: staff who are entitled to the expatriation (16%) or foreign residence (4%) allowance are entitled to be paid each calendar year a sum representing the cost of travel from the place of employment to the place of origin for themselves and, if they are entitled to the household allowance, for their spouse and dependents (less than age of 2)
- Household allowance
- Allowance for a dependent child or person treated as such:
- Pre-school allowance:
- Education allowance:
- School fees: paid by CEPOL for dependent children who joined the staff member in changing the residence to fully respect the article 20 of the Staff Regulations. The school shall be considered as non-fee paying and the staff member concerned shall not receive the education allowance mentioned in the bullet point(s) above.
The costs covered by CEPOL shall be:
- The registration and attendance fees at international schools
- The transportation costs
- Excluding all other costs as described on the Commission decision C(2004)131-53-2004 on general implementing provisions for the grant of the education allowance.
In addition, CEPOL will provide benefits and entitlements in line with those of European Union Civil Servants. Such entitlements will be established based on the necessary documents provided by the newly recruited staff member upon taking up duty with CEPOL.
The successful candidate shall undergo a probation period of 9 months.
For reasons related to CEPOL’s operational requirements, the candidate may be required to be available at short notice.
The highest scoring candidates exceeding the threshold defined in advance by the Selection Committee shall be invited for interview. Maximum number of candidates to be invited for interview shall not exceed 12. Interview and written test will be held in person in Budapest, Hungary.
The information provided in applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Candidates who achieve 65% of the total scores available for interview will be included in a Reserve List. The reserve list will be valid until 31 December 2021 and may be extended by the decision of the Appointing Authority of CEPOL. (Please be aware that placement on a reserve list in no way guarantees future employment at CEPOL.)
Proven experience of at least 2 years in public procurement (Please describe);
Experience in drafting of procurement documents, such as contract notices, tender specification, etc. (Please give examples);
Knowledge and understanding of the EU Financial Regulation with particular focus on procurement;
Good understanding of the importance of documenting the procurement and contract management process as well as the requirement to keep an audit trail;
Excellent command of written and spoken English;
Proven professional experience within EU Institutions/Agencies and/or international organisation in the procurement area;
Strong skills in multi-tasking, planning, attention to details and ability to maintain accuracy under pressure and tight deadlines;
Proven professional experience in project management (please describe);
Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook;
Experience in using electronic financial and procurement systems (ABAC, E-Tendering and E-Submission, others) – please give examples;
This opportunity is closed to applications.