View Vacancy -- 2020-CA-17 - IT Service Assistant - to establish a reserve list
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to CEPOL staff as required
- Assist in the support and maintenance of servers and workstations
- Maintain service desk records and provide reports to management as required
- Support day-to-day operation, monitoring and maintenance of CEPOL’s network and its components
- Set-up and maintain office automation environment (installation of workstations, printers, telephones, Videoconferences and other peripherals as necessary
- Assist with the designing, writing and implementing of ICT policies, procedures and guidelines
- Support logistical aspects of ICT related activities (e.g. receiving deliveries, moving of ICT assets, issuing equipment to staff, setting up training rooms concerning ICT requirements to the training etc.).
In addition, in order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a national of a Member State of the Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post; and
- Have a thorough knowledge (min. level C1) of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge (min. level B2) of another language of the Union.
Post-secondary education attested by a diploma
Secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropiate professional experience of three years.
In addition to the above at least 3 years of relevant and proven professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma (In total 6 years in case of a secondary education).
CEPOL has launched 4 capacity building actions for law enforcement officials in third countries in 2020 with a planned implementation period of 3 to 4 years. For this reason CEPOL is establishing a reserve list. A contract offer will be made as a member of the Contract Agent staff of the agency in accordance with the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities for the implementation period of the project. The contract may be extended. However, as positions would be project-funded, there shall be no expectation on the side of the candidate that an employment contract may be extended beyond the duration of the project.
The successful candidate will be recruited as IT Service Assistant – FG III.
The Reserve list once established may be used to fill in non project-funded positions as well.
The basic monthly net pay for this post is EUR 1,827.68 (grade 8), EUR 2,067.08 (grade 9) or EUR 2,243.73 (grade 10). The correction coefficient on the date of publication of this vacancy notice is 75.3% for Hungary and is already taken in consideration for these amounts. The correction coefficient for 2021 will be 71.9%. This will affect the above calculation accordingly.
The grade is determined on the basis of professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma of an education required for the position and in line with applicable implementing rules.
In addition, based on personal situation, the following allowances might be granted:
- Expatriation or foreign residence allowance: 16% or 4% of the basic pay.
- Annual travel allowance: staff who are entitled to the expatriation (16%) or foreign residence (4%) allowance are entitled to be paid each calendar year a sum representing the cost of travel from the place of employment to the place of origin for themselves and, if they are entitled to the household allowance, for their spouse and dependents (less than age of 2)
- Household allowance
- Allowance for a dependent child or person treated as such:
- Pre-school allowance:
- Education allowance:
- School fees: paid by CEPOL for dependent children who joined the staff member in changing the residence to fully respect the article 20 of the Staff Regulations. The school shall be considered as non-fee paying and the staff member concerned shall not receive the education allowance mentioned in the bullet point(s) above.
The costs covered by CEPOL shall be:
- The registration and attendance fees at international schools
- The transportation costs
- Excluding all other costs as described on the Commission decision C(2004)131-53-2004 on general implementing provisions for the grant of the education allowance.
In addition, CEPOL will provide benefits and entitlements in line with those of European Union Civil Servants. Such entitlements will be established based on the necessary documents provided by the newly recruited staff member upon taking up duty with CEPOL.
The successful candidate shall undergo a probation period of 9 months.
For reasons related to CEPOL’s operational requirements, the candidate may be required to be available at short notice.
The highest scoring candidates exceeding the threshold defined in advance by the Selection Committee shall be invited for interview. Maximum number of candidates to be invited for interview shall not exceed 8. Interview and written test will be held in person in Budapest, Hungary. In case the COVID-19 situation does not allow personal meeting the recruitment procedure will be carried out via Skype only in the form of interviews.
The information provided in applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Candidates who achieve 60% of the total scores available for interview will be included in a Reserve List. The reserve list will be valid until 31 December 2021 and may be extended by the decision of the Appointing Authority of CEPOL. (Please be aware that placement on a reserve list in no way guarantees future employment at CEPOL.)
Very good command of spoken and written English;
Minimum 3 years of experience with configuration and administration of network switches, firewalls and IP telephony (Please describe the exact duration of your experiences);
Minimum 3 years of proven experience in configuration, administration and troubleshooting of virtualisation infrastructure (Please describe the exact duration of your experiences);
Minimum 3 years of proven experience in configuration, administration and troubleshooting of Microsoft infrastructure (client and server side) (Please describe the exact duration of your experiences);
Proven experience in the management and support of ICT infrastructure in the public or private sector (Please describe the exact duration of your experiences);
Knowledge of and experience with working procedures of the EU institutions/agencies (Please describe the exact duration of your experiences);
Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment (Please describe the exact duration of your experiences);
Advanced organisational and problem solving skills;
Ability to work well under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands;
Possession of industry related certificates (Microsoft, Cisco, CheckPoint, ITIL, etc.) (Please list maximum 10);
This opportunity is closed to applications.