View Vacancy -- 2019-TA-04 - Senior Project Coordinator
Under the supervision of and reporting to the Head of Unit, the incumbent shall contribute to the planning, preparation, implementation, reporting, monitoring and follow up of CEPOL activities aimed at building the capacity of Third Countries’ law enforcement services in relevant policy areas via dedicated EU external assistance funds.
- Assist the Head of Unit in coordinating the Unit’s portfolio, including the management of human and financial resources, and contribute to its effective and efficient monitoring;
- Contribute to providing horizontal coherence and the supervision of projects across the entire cycle (formulation/planning/contracting/implementation and monitoring/closure);
- Assist the Head of Unit in the day-to-day management of the Unit, including the first line supervision of project managers/team leaders and the preparation/start up phases of new projects;
- Act as Deputy to the Head of Unit;
- Represent CEPOL externally where required.
In addition, in order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a national of a Member State of the Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post; and
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the Union.
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more;
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and appropriate professional experience of at least one year when the normal period of university education is three years;
A contract offer will be made as a member of the Temporary Agent staff of the agency in accordance with the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities for a five years priod, which may be renewed for additional 5 years. The third contract will be for an indefinite period. The successful candidate will be recruited as Senior Project Coordinator (Deputy Head of Unit) – AD8.
The basic monthly net pay for this post is EUR 3,786.85 (Step 1) or EUR 3,919.76 (Step 2). The correction coefficient (on the date of publication of this vacancy notice) is 71,9% for Hungary and is already taken in consideration for these amounts.
The step is determined on the basis of professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma of an education required for the position and in line with applicable implementing rules.
In addition, based on personal situation, the following allowances might be granted:
- Expatriation or foreign residence allowance: 16% or 4% of the basic pay.
- Annual travel allowance: staff who are entitled to the expatriation (16%) or foreign residence (4%) allowance are entitled to be paid each calendar year a sum representing the cost of travel from the place of employment to the place of origin for themselves and, if they are entitled to the household allowance, for their spouse and dependents (less than age of 2)
- Household allowance
- Allowance for a dependent child or person treated as such:
- Pre-school allowance:
- Education allowance:
- School fees: paid by CEPOL for dependent children who joined the staff member in changing the residence to fully respect the article 20 of the Staff Regulations. The school shall be considered as non-fee paying and the staff member concerned shall not receive the education allowance mentioned in the bullet point(s) above.
The costs covered by CEPOL shall be:
- The registration and attendance fees at international schools
- The transportation costs
- Excluding all other costs as described on the Commission decision C(2004)131-53-2004 on general implementing provisions for the grant of the education allowance.
In addition, CEPOL will provide benefits and entitlements in line with those of European Union Civil Servants. Such entitlements will be established based on the necessary documents provided by the newly recruited staff member upon taking up duty with CEPOL.
The successful candidate shall undergo a probation period of 9 months.
For reasons related to CEPOL’s operational requirements, the candidate may be required to be available at short notice.
The highest scoring candidates exceeding the threshold defined in advance by the Selection Committee shall be invited for interview. Maximum number of candidates to be invited for interview shall not exceed 6. Interview and written test will be held in person in Budapest, Hungary.
The information provided in applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Only candidates who achieve 65% of the total scores available for written test and interview can be included in the Reserve List. The reserve list will be valid until 31 December 2020 and may be extended by the decision of the Appointing Authority of CEPOL. (Please be aware that placement on a reserve list in no way guarantees future employment at CEPOL.)
Supervisory experience of international teams for minimum three years in the field relevant to the vacancy (Please provide examples);
Proven experience in the supervision of projects across the entire cycle (formulation/planning/implementation and monitoring/closure) (Please provide examples);
Proven knowledge and experience in the core administrative aspects (including finance, human resources, procurement, contract management) of projects (Please provide examples);
Experience and knowledge of the EU policies in the area of Justice and Home Affairs and its external aspects (Please describe);
Experience working in countries covered by the EU External Action Policies (Please describe);
Good communication, presentation and negotiation skills;