View Vacancy -- 2019-TA-01 - Training Assistant
The Training Assistant will contribute to the implementation, maintenance and the development of the learning management system. He/she will coordinate and align the functional designs of the LMS (for the online support to courses, online courses, online modules, webinars and webinar series) to offer a coherent learning environment complementing e-learning and other CEPOL training activities. He/she will present and promote CEPOL eLearning services to Member States and partner countries/organisations.
The post holder will also support the implementation of online and blended training activities and the design of the training portfolio according to the identified needs using application of modern learning technologies and modern tools (methodology and software).
The post requires a very good command of English, both written and oral, very good analytical skills, as well as knowledge of specialised IT software and IT awareness in the area of digital learning systems and e-learning solutions.
- Contribute to the innovation of CEPOL’s e-learning by introducing modern learning technologies in the development, design of training activities and integrating relevant IT solutions, software and tools;
- Improve the approaches to e-learning products and services hosted on LMS, such as webinars, online courses authoring tool/online modules and their complementarity with other CEPOL products;
- Present and promote CEPOL eLearning services to Member States and partner countries/organisations;
- Collect, collate and analyse data on the e-learning activities and produce relevant reports;
- Provide coaching and training in the use of e-learning tools and Learning Management System;
- Manage the e-learning system, users, integration services and security;
- Design, develop, and manage delivery and evaluation of eLearning activities;
- Organise and moderate online activities as well as expert meetings and workshops supporting development of e-learning products;
- Manage relevant licences for e-learning services and support procurement and contract management for CEPOL learning services;
In addition, in order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a national of a Member State of the Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post; and
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the Union.
A contract offer will be made as a member of the Temporary Agent staff of the agency in accordance with the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities for a five years priod, which may be renewed for additional 5 years. The third contract will be for an indefinite period. The successful candidate will be recruited as Training Assistant – AST4.
The basic monthly net pay for this post is EUR 2,453.82 (Step 1) or EUR 2,546.71 (Step 2). The correction coefficient (on the date of publication of this vacancy notice) is 71,9% for Hungary and is already taken in consideration for these amounts.
The step is determined on the basis of professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma of an education required for the position and in line with applicable implementing rules.
In addition, based on personal situation, the following allowances might be granted:
- Expatriation or foreign residence allowance: 16% or 4% of the basic pay.
- Annual travel allowance: staff who are entitled to the expatriation (16%) or foreign residence (4%) allowance are entitled to be paid each calendar year a sum representing the cost of travel from the place of employment to the place of origin for themselves and, if they are entitled to the household allowance, for their spouse and dependents (less than age of 2)
- Household allowance
- Allowance for a dependent child or person treated as such:
- Pre-school allowance:
- Education allowance:
- School fees: paid by CEPOL for dependent children who joined the staff member in changing the residence to fully respect the article 20 of the Staff Regulations. The school shall be considered as non-fee paying and the staff member concerned shall not receive the education allowance mentioned in the bullet point(s) above.
The costs covered by CEPOL shall be:
- The registration and attendance fees at international schools
- The transportation costs
- Excluding all other costs as described on the Commission decision C(2004)131-53-2004 on general implementing provisions for the grant of the education allowance.
In addition, CEPOL will provide benefits and entitlements in line with those of European Union Civil Servants. Such entitlements will be established based on the necessary documents provided by the newly recruited staff member upon taking up duty with CEPOL.
The successful candidate shall undergo a probation period of 9 months.
For reasons related to CEPOL’s operational requirements, the candidate may be required to be available at short notice.
The highest scoring candidates exceeding the threshold defined in advance by the Selection Committee shall be invited for interview. Maximum number of candidates to be invited for interview shall not exceed 10. Interview and written test will be held in person in Budapest, Hungary.
The information provided in applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Only candidates who achieve 65% of the total scores available for written test and interview can be included in the Reserve List. The reserve list will be valid until 31 December 2020 and may be extended by the decision of the Appointing Authority of CEPOL. (Please be aware that placement on a reserve list in no way guarantees future employment at CEPOL.)
Knowledge and experience of Learning Management Systems and modern tools for online content development (Please describe your experience and role with LMS and name the tools you used for online content development);
Knowledge and experience of learning analytics, statistics and user data reporting (describe your experience and tools used);
Experience in designing and/or implementing of learning content (provide details of your experience and give examples);
Experience and knowledge of different types of online training activities (please describe);
Excellent communications skills in English - both oral and written;
Experience working in a multicultural/multilingual environment;
Experience in managing and communicating with internal and external stakeholders (Please describe);
Experience in project management;