View Vacancy -- 2019-TA-02 - Senior Training Officer
- Contribute to the relevant training needs analyses, help develop the learning activities and support curriculum development in the assigned thematic areas, specifically as regards Interoperability;
- Plan, design, organise and coordinate the implementation of learning and training activities in the assigned thematic areas;
- Provide individual and holistic evaluation and reporting on training activities in the assigned thematic area(s);
- Plan and manage the budget for the assigned learning and training activities;
- Provide strategic and operational advice for the further development of the CEPOL training portfolio;
- Coordinate, liaise with and provide support for CEPOL’s partners and stakeholders in the design and delivery of CEPOL training activities where relevant;
- Represent CEPOL in meetings pertaining to the assigned thematic areas;
- Coordinate expert meetings where relevant;
- Help establish and develop the relevant CEPOL Knowledge Centre(s);
- Manage and/or coordinate work of a team of colleagues;
- Implement other tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Knowledge and expertise of the Interoperability package, in particular of:
- The functioning and use of the existing large-scale IT systems (SIS, VIS, Eurodac);
- The planned systems Entry-Exit System (EES), EU Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS) and European Criminal Records Information System for third country Nationals (ECRIS-TCN);
- Knowledge of the EU Interoperability legislation and implementation plans;
- Strong professional profile in a related or similar law enforcement specialisation.
In addition, in order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a national of a Member State of the Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post; and
- Have a thorough knowledge (min. level C1) of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge (min. level B2) of another language of the Union.
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least 4 years in Education and/or Information Technology, attested by a diploma,
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least 3 years in Education and/or Information Technology, attested by diploma and appropriate professional experience of at least 1 year.
A contract offer will be made as a member of the Temporary Agent staff of the agency in accordance with the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities for a five year period, which may be renewed for an additional maximum 5 years period. The third contract will be for an indefinite period. The successful candidate will be recruited as Senior Training Officer – AD7.
The basic monthly net pay for this post is EUR 3,387.59 (step 1) or EUR 3,509.38 (step 2). The correction coefficient (on the date of publication of this vacancy notice is 71,9% for Hungary and is already taken in consideration for these amounts.
The grade is determined on the basis of professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma of an education required for the position and in line with applicable implementing rules.
In addition, based on personal situation, the following allowances might be granted:
- Expatriation or foreign residence allowance: 16% or 4% of the basic pay.
- Annual travel allowance: staff who are entitled to the expatriation (16%) or foreign residence (4%) allowance are entitled to be paid each calendar year a sum representing the cost of travel from the place of employment to the place of origin for themselves and, if they are entitled to the household allowance, for their spouse and dependents (less than age of 2)
- Household allowance
- Allowance for a dependent child or person treated as such:
- Pre-school allowance:
- Education allowance:
- School fees: paid by CEPOL for dependent children who joined the staff member in changing the residence to fully respect the article 20 of the Staff Regulations. The school shall be considered as non-fee paying and the staff member concerned shall not receive the education allowance mentioned in the bullet point(s) above.
The costs covered by CEPOL shall be:
- The registration and attendance fees at international schools
- The transportation costs
- Excluding all other costs as described on the Commission decision C(2004)131-53-2004 on general implementing provisions for the grant of the education allowance.
In addition, CEPOL will provide benefits and entitlements in line with those of European Union Civil Servants. Such entitlements will be established based on the necessary documents provided by the newly recruited staff member upon taking up duty with CEPOL.
The successful candidate shall undergo a probation period of 9 months.
For reasons related to CEPOL’s operational requirements, the candidate may be required to be available at short notice.
The highest scoring candidates exceeding the threshold defined in advance by the Selection Committee shall be invited for interview. Maximum number of candidates to be invited for interview shall not exceed 10. Interview and written test will be held in person in Budapest, Hungary.
The information provided in applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Only candidates who achieve 65% the total scores available for written test and interview can be included in the Reserve List. The reserve list will be valid until 31 December 2020 and may be extended by the decision of the Appointing Authority of CEPOL. (Please be aware that placement on a reserve list in no way guarantees future employment at CEPOL.)
Experience in training cycle (training needs analyses, design, development, implementation and evaluation of learning and training activities);
Sound knowledge and/or experience of large scale IT systems in the JHA area gained at national or EU level;
Ability to coordinate and liaise with external and internal stakeholders in design and delivery of training activities;
Knowledge of the EU interoperability legislation;
Experience in delivering strategic advice to the management on training activities;
Experience in training delivery;
This opportunity is closed to applications.