View Vacancy -- 2020-CA-04 - Administrative Assistant - to establish a reserve list
- Preparation and administration of travel arrangements related to CEPOL activities in line with the applicable rules and procedures;
- Preparation, administration and follow up of business meetings/events including required documentation; in accordance with the applicable rules and procedures;
- Preparation of evaluations, statistics, reports in relation to the activities executed;
- Drafting of internal administrative files/notes;
- Planning, monitoring and reporting of related budgets; preparation and initiation of financial transactions related to the activities executed;
- Internal coordination/communication within the teams and with other parts of the organisation if required;
- External coordination with CEPOL partners, customers and stakeholders;
- Performing additional support tasks for operational and administrative areas if required.
In addition, in order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a national of a Member State of the Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post; and
- Have a thorough knowledge (min. level C1) of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge (min. level B2) of another language of the Union.
Post-secondary education attested by a diploma
Secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropiate professional experience of three years.
In addition to the above at least 3 years of relevant and proven professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma (In total 6 years in case of a secondary education).
CEPOL is planning to launch 4 capacity building actions for law enforcement officials in third countries in 2020 with a planned implemenation period of 3 to 4 years. For this reason CEPOL is establishing a reserve list to ensure availability of human resources in due time. A contract offer will be made as a member of the Contract Agent staff of the agency in accordance with the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities for the implementation period of the project. The contract may be extended. However, as positions would be project-funded, there shall be no expectation on the side of the candidate that an employment contract may be extended beyond the duration of the project.
The successful candidate will be recruited as Administrative Assistant – FG III.
The Reserve list once established may be used to fill in non project-funded positions as well.
The basic monthly net pay for this post is EUR 1,827.68 (grade 8), EUR 2,067.08 (grade 9) or EUR 2,243.73 (grade 10). The correction coefficient (on the date of publication of this vacancy notice is 75.3% for Hungary and is already taken in consideration for these amounts.
The grade is determined on the basis of professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma of an education required for the position and in line with applicable implementing rules.
In addition, based on personal situation, the following allowances might be granted:
- Expatriation or foreign residence allowance: 16% or 4% of the basic pay.
- Annual travel allowance: staff who are entitled to the expatriation (16%) or foreign residence (4%) allowance are entitled to be paid each calendar year a sum representing the cost of travel from the place of employment to the place of origin for themselves and, if they are entitled to the household allowance, for their spouse and dependents (less than age of 2)
- Household allowance
- Allowance for a dependent child or person treated as such:
- Pre-school allowance:
- Education allowance:
- School fees: paid by CEPOL for dependent children who joined the staff member in changing the residence to fully respect the article 20 of the Staff Regulations. The school shall be considered as non-fee paying and the staff member concerned shall not receive the education allowance mentioned in the bullet point(s) above.
The costs covered by CEPOL shall be:
- The registration and attendance fees at international schools
- The transportation costs
- Excluding all other costs as described on the Commission decision C(2004)131-53-2004 on general implementing provisions for the grant of the education allowance.
In addition, CEPOL will provide benefits and entitlements in line with those of European Union Civil Servants. Such entitlements will be established based on the necessary documents provided by the newly recruited staff member upon taking up duty with CEPOL.
The successful candidate shall undergo a probation period of 9 months.
For reasons related to CEPOL’s operational requirements, the candidate may be required to be available at short notice.
The highest scoring candidates exceeding the threshold defined in advance by the Selection Committee shall be invited for interview. Maximum number of candidates to be invited for interview shall not exceed 10. Interview and written test will be held in person in Budapest, Hungary.
The information provided in applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Candidates who achieve 65% of the total scores available for interview will be included in a Reserve List. The reserve list will be valid until 31 December 2021 and may be extended by the decision of the Appointing Authority of CEPOL. (Please be aware that placement on a reserve list in no way guarantees future employment at CEPOL.)
Proven experience in organising international meetings, events, trainings including travel arrangements (please provide examples, describe duration of the experience);
Experience in planning, monitoring and reporting on expenditure (please provide examples, describe duration of the experience);
Excellent communication skills in English in particular in writing;
Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook;
High degree of organisational skills and accuracy, ability to prioritise tasks;
Working experience in an EU Institution/Agency or a similar international organisation of at least 1 year;
Experience in financial management/administration of EU budget/funds (please describe);