View Vacancy -- 2021-TA-01 - ICT Assistant
Provide first and second line support to CEPOL staff as required;
Provide support and maintenance of servers and workstations;
Support the day-to-day operation, monitoring and maintenance of CEPOL's ICT Systems and its components;
Upgrade hardware and software as required;
Support the development and implementation of the CEPOL ICT Strategy;
Support the implementation of ICT policies relating to ICT management, administration and security;
Carry-out User Management and administration as required;
Deputise for the ICT Officer when necessary;
Provide technical support for the management of outsourced IT product and services of CEPOL;
Provide supporting and training to the CEPOL ICT users where applicable;
Support the procurement of ICT equipment and services;
Support implementation of MS Cloud services;
In addition, in order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a national of a Member State of the Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post; and
- Have a thorough knowledge (min. level C1) of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge (min. level B2) of another language of the Union.
A level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma,
a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education, and appropriate professional experience of at least three years.
A contract offer will be made as a member of the Temporary Agent staff of the agency in accordance with the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities for a five years priod, which may be renewed for additional 5 years. The third contract will be for an indefinite period. The successful candidate will be recruited as ICT Assistant – AST3.
The basic monthly net pay for this post is EUR 2,250.20 (Step 1) or EUR 2,335.99 (Step 2). The correction coefficient on the date of publication of this vacancy notice is 71,9% for Hungary and is already taken in consideration for these amounts.
The step is determined on the basis of professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma of an education required for the position and in line with applicable implementing rules.
In addition, based on personal situation, the following allowances might be granted:
- Expatriation or foreign residence allowance: 16% or 4% of the basic pay.
- Annual travel allowance: staff who are entitled to the expatriation (16%) or foreign residence (4%) allowance are entitled to be paid each calendar year a sum representing the cost of travel from the place of employment to the place of origin for themselves and, if they are entitled to the household allowance, for their spouse and dependents (less than age of 2)
- Household allowance
- Allowance for a dependent child or person treated as such:
- Pre-school allowance:
- Education allowance:
- School fees: paid by CEPOL for dependent children who joined the staff member in changing the residence to fully respect the article 20 of the Staff Regulations. The school shall be considered as non-fee paying and the staff member concerned shall not receive the education allowance mentioned in the bullet point(s) above.
The costs covered by CEPOL shall be:
- The registration and attendance fees at international schools
- The transportation costs
- Excluding all other costs as described on the Commission decision C(2004)131-53-2004 on general implementing provisions for the grant of the education allowance.
In addition, CEPOL will provide benefits and entitlements in line with those of European Union Civil Servants. Such entitlements will be established based on the necessary documents provided by the newly recruited staff member upon taking up duty with CEPOL.
The successful candidate shall undergo a probation period of 9 months.
For reasons related to CEPOL’s operational requirements, the candidate may be required to be available at short notice.
The highest scoring candidates exceeding the threshold defined in advance by the Selection Committee shall be invited for interview. Maximum number of candidates to be invited for interview shall not exceed 10. Interviews will be arranged online in case personal meeting is not allowed due to travel restrictions.
The information provided in applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Only candidates who achieve 60% of the total scores available for the interview can be included in the Reserve List. The reserve list will be valid until 31 December 2022 and may be extended by the decision of the Appointing Authority of CEPOL. (Please be aware that placement on a reserve list in no way guarantees future employment at CEPOL.)
Professional experience of providing first and second-level ICT helpdesk support (Microsoft Operating systems and Microsoft Office) including management of Active Directory, Group policy objects and Microsoft system deployment technologies;
Proven experience of hardware and networking equipment and services, support and maintenance of: HW servers, Storage Area Networks with Fibre Channel, Enterprise Networks, TCP/IP, switching and routing, CheckPoint security products;
Proven experience in administration and maintenance of VMWare virtualization environment;
Proven experience with Microsoft Exchange, on premise and Cloud solution;
Proven experience with software backup solutions;
Experience of administration on the following: Linux Administration (Debian, CentOS or Ubuntu), Blackberry UEM server, Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex products;
Possession of a professional certificates in ICT field (e.g. VMWare, Microsoft, Veeam, HP, Cisco, CheckPoint, …);
Experience of supporting endpoint solutions, for example Symantec Endpoint Protection;
Proven knowledge of the ITIL framework;
Proven working experience in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, and a service-oriented approach;